You are not good enough. You are a failure. You should have never been born. You were just an accident. Nobody loves you. No one understands. You have no purpose. You don’t have an impact. What are you doing? You should just end your life. You will never change the world. You can’t even change your kids or your family. Why are you even trying? Nobody even cares. Your friends don’t even care. You are wasting your time. You will never measure up. You are not strong enough. You can’t do it.
These are the whispers we hear when we are by ourselves. When we are all alone. These are the whispers of the devil. He wants you to believe these lies. His mission is to keep you from your purpose and destiny.
We all have a purpose in our life time. We all have a calling on life. When you start to hear the whispers it’s because you are a threat to the devil and his plans. There is something great inside of you and that is where the devil wants to keep it. Let me tell you, when you keep the word of God in you it’s like a fire in your bones, waiting to come out. As long as you hold in the fire it will wear you down.
Jeremiah 20:9 (NLT)- But if I say I’ll never mention the Lord or speak in his name, his word burns in my heart like a fire. It’s like afire in my bones! I am worn out trying to hold it in! I can’t do it.
And you wonder why you are worn out! We need to stop being passive Christians just trying to get through this thing, we call life. You know just working, trying to pay the bills and raise the kids, we retire, then we die. Really! We need to start waking up, start getting uncomfortable and now is the time to move for the Lord. There is a bigger plan that you are a part of but as long as you are focused on the now and just getting through life, you will be worn out. Why are we depressed and filled with anxiety? Because that is what the devil wants you to focus on instead of your purpose.
So how do we stop listening to the whispers and move forward to our purpose and destiny?
Here are 7 ways to get in the devil’s face and stop the whispers:
- Talk to devil! Tell him, Satan you listen to me right now, I can’t stop what you may throw at me today but what I can do is stand on the authority that Jesus paid for.
- Let him know what you will not put up with! I will not put up with the whispers or your lies. I shut them down and resist you now in the name of Jesus (James 4:7).
- Declare! I declare I will live and not die (Psalm 118:17). I declare right now that I will fulfill my purpose and destiny without any hindrances. I declare blessings over my life and my family. I declare that I am an over comer. I declare I will triumph in every season I go through! I declare I will have an intimate relationship with Jesus, forever.
- Decree! I decree victory over my heath today. I decree financial victory! I decree that my children are blessed and that my marriage is blessed. I decree blessings over my job. I decree everything I touch is blessed and successfully.
- Pray to be filled with the fruits of the spirit! Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness and self-control (Galatians 5:22).
- Confess! Confess that you are a child of God. You are the righteousness of God through Jesus. You are the head and not the tail. Before you were formed in your mother’s womb, He already had a plan for you (Psalm 139:13-16)
- Remind Satan! Remind him that he was defeated by the blood of Jesus. He was defeated the day Jesus died on the cross. He was no authority or rights, he is a defeated foe!
Are you ready to stop listening to the whispers and move forward toward your purpose and destiny?
Father, right now we come against all the whispers and lies of Satan. Help us to move forward to our purpose and destiny without any hindrance’s.Remind us to get in the devil’s face and declare and decree your word. Fill us now with the fruits of your spirit so we are always prepared when we hear the whispers.
2 thoughts on “Seven Ways To Fight Against The Whispers Of The Devil”
Having anxiety the devil knows what to say and when to say it to me. Thankfully I know the lord and I know Jesus will protect me! Thank for sharing!
Thanks! Just because we are Christians doesn’t mean the devil won’t mess with us. Knowing Jesus will definitely protect us and get us through!