Over the past 6 weeks I have been meditating on Psalm 100. I wasn’t sure why God wanted me to read this chapter every morning but I just figured it was a good way to start the day. You see God has a way of preparing us for what is about to happen. He knows that the season is about to change and wants to make sure we are prepared. That is why it is important to constantly pray and read the bible and just be sensitive to the Holy Spirit.
Right now, I am in a new season. My oldest daughter is off to college and starting her life. I was prepared for that. I was excited in her new journey and have been praying for this day. What I wasn’t prepared for was my son leaving too. He is 17 years old and a senior in high school and I thought I had at least one more year before he left and started his life.
You see, God was preparing me with His word during this season of my life. It is hard being a parent and letting your children go. We often question ourselves as parent, wondering if we are enough. We may not be enough but God is. He is faithful to each generation and that includes my children.
I wanted to share the 5 things I learned from Psalm 100.
- Shout with Joy to the Lord all the earth! The definition of shout is to utter a loud call or cry; an expression of a strong emotion. The definition of joy is a feeling of great pleasure and happiness. God wants us all to be loud for Him; to have a strong emotion, cry or loud call of pleasure and happiness in our lives. Shout with Joy even when the days are hard.
- Worship the Lord with gladness. Come before him, singing with joy. The definition of gladness is pleased, delighted, causing happiness, grateful, willing and eager. God wants us to praise and worship Him with gratefulness, eagerness and to be pleased in His presence. That is the only true way to find happiness. There is power when you praise and worship. Do it even when you don’t feel like it.
- Acknowledge that the Lord is God! He made us and we are his. We are the sheep of his pasture. God wants us to acknowledge we are His. We are His sheep, which the bible signifies as His people centered around Christ. He made and called us unto His pasture (called place or land) with purpose.
- Enter his gates with thanksgiving; and go into his courts with praise. The meaning of gate is an opening permitting passage, any means of access or entrance. God wants to give us access to His courts, to His intimate, secret place. He wants us to enter into His holy presence with thanks.
- For the Lord is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and his faithfulness continues to each generation. We serve a good God! His love for us never ends, even when we don’t deserve it. He wants to shine His goodness on us at all times and it will continue to each generation.
Father thank you for your word in Psalm 100. Remind us to shout for joy even when we don’t feel like it. Let us worship You though all things and acknowledge you are God. We come before you with thanksgiving and praise. Thank you for your goodness that continues to each generation.