Have you ever felt like you had no purpose? Have you felt like nothing? You might have been told you were nothing. You might have been told that you were an accident. Maybe you were rejected by your parents or by someone you had a relationship with.
We often, put our value in other people rather than God. Well, I am here to tell you. That you are chosen by God. He has work for you to do but we must put Him first. You are called to live the high life, chosen to be holy!
1 Peter 2:9-10 (MSG) – But you are the ones chosen by God, chosen for the high calling of priestly work, chosen to be a holy people. God’s instruments to do his work and speak out for him, to tell others of the night-and-day difference he made for you- from nothing to something, from rejected to accepted.
It doesn’t matter what kind of life you have lived or where you come from. God wants to use you where you are today. You are His instrument to tell others of His goodness and what He has done for you. Like everything in life, there is a process. You might feel stuck and don’t know how to start.
So here are 5 keys to start living the high life:
- Forgive- if we don’t forgive our past and the people that have hurt us will have a stronghold in our lives. We can never truly move forward until we forgive. Colossians 3:13 NLT- Make allowance for each other’s faults and forgive anyone who offends you. 1 John 3:20 NLT- God is greater than our feelings-
- Submit- until we submit our nothings we can’t become something. 1 Peter 5:6 (An Understandable Version) – Therefore, be humble [in your actions] before God’s powerful authority, so that you may be exalted [by Him] at the proper time.
- Personal reflection- we need to get alone with God step back to take a look at ourselves. If we are unhappy, why? Is it something we haven’t let go? 2 Corinthians 13:5-9 The Message (MSG) – Test yourselves to make sure you are solid in the faith. Don’t drift along taking everything for granted. Give yourselves regular checkups. You need firsthand evidence, not mere hearsay, that Jesus Christ is in you. Test it out. If you fail the test, do something about it.
- Change your mindset. Renew your mind daily. Romans 12:2 (MSG) – Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.
- Accept your priestly work, your calling. God might tell you to do something you think you can’t do. Jeremiah 1:5 (NLT) – “I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb. Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as my prophet to the nations.”
Father, help us to live the high life you have called us to live. We want to always submit to you and to accept our priestly work. You have called us to be your instrument and to help others the way you have helped us. Let us not take our calling lightly. Remind us when we forget that we are called to live the high life!